International orientation student leaders
International Orientation Student Leaders is a new position created by ISSS and New Student Programs (NSP). Selection to the International Orientation Student Leader position is a unique honor and a rewarding opportunity for personal and professional growth. IOSLs help welcome new international students to UI by:
- Leading and assisting with a number of programs and activities during ISSS Check-In and Orientation
- Helping new students get acquainted with campus services and building locations
- Helping explain academic opportunities and procedures
- And much more!
IOSLs also engage in organizing and participating in various programming events during the academic year.
Minimum qualifications to become an IOSL include:
- Currently enrolled full-time
- Have completed at least 1 academic year at UI and will return as an UG the following academic year
- Good academic and disciplinary standing (2.5 cumulative GPA required)
- Desire to enhance interpersonal, communication, and leaderships skills
- Interest in working with a diverse group of international students, family, guests, and university staff
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for UI
- Ability to attend all spring training sessions and required events as posted
- Ability to arrive back on campus by August 10, and begin training August 11
The application is now available here. Application deadline is December 11th.Please plan to attend an informational session for the IOSL position where you can learn more about the position and ask any questions you may have. You can sign up for a session here. (Attendance at the info session is not mandatory but is strongly encouraged).