International orientation student leaders
International Orientation Student Leaders is a new position created by ISSS and New Student Programs (NSP). Selection to the International Orientation Student Leader position is a unique honor and a rewarding opportunity for personal and professional growth. IOSLs help welcome new international students to UI by:
- leading and assisting with a number of programs and activities during ISSS Check-In and Orientation
- helping new students get acquainted with campus services and building locations
- helping explain academic opportunities and procedures
- and much more!
IOSLs also engage in organizing and participating in various programming events during the academic year.
Minimum qualifications to become an IOSL include:
- Currently enrolled full-time
- Have completed at least 1 academic year at UI and will return as an UG the following academic year
- Good academic and disciplinary standing (2.5 cumulative GPA required)
- Desire to enhance interpersonal, communication, and leaderships skills
- Interest in working with a diverse group of international students, family, guests, and university staff
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for UI
- Ability to attend all spring training sessions and required events as posted
The application period is currently closed. Please check back in the Fall semester for further information.