Fall Graduate student Orientation
Welcome to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign! As you prepare for arrival, please review this page and keep the following important dates in mind.
- Recommended Arrival Date: Saturday, August 17, 2019 or Sunday, August 18, 2019
- International Graduate Orientation Begins: Monday, August 19, 2019 at 11:00am at Gregory Hall 112 Auditorium
Please make sure your travel arrangements will allow you to participate in the Orientation program beginning on Monday, August 19 at 11:00am.*
*If you will be a new Teaching Assistant, you will be required to attend the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (CITL) TA training on August 19-20. An ISSS advisor will offer a session on maintaining visa status to all international TA’s in the morning on August 20 of the second day of the TA training. You are welcome to join the last three hours of ISSS Graduate Orientation at Gregory Hall 112 after you complete your CITL training at 1:00pm on August 20. Information about the CITL Training can be found on the CITL website. Please contact your department for further details.
- Overview of the Orientation Program
- Educational Sessions
- Daily Social Events
- The Chancellor's Reception
- Contact Us
Overview of the Orientation Program
International Student and Scholar Services hosts the graduate orientation program in August. The orientation program is two days long and the goals are to welcome new graduate international students to campus; to introduce students to resources on campus; and to provide an opportunity for our new students to meet returning graduate international students and interact with our campus partners.
- Maintaining Your Visa Status and Employment Options
- What You Need to Know about Campus Technology
- Staying Supported During Your Studies at Illinois
- Pathways for Success in Your Career Development and Job Search
- Be Prepared, Be Alert, Stay Safe: Campus Safety
- Organizing and Storing Your Research Data
- Graduate Panel and Discussion: Adjusting to Life as an International Student
- And many more!
The Chancellor's Reception
The Chancellor of the University of Illinois will welcome all new international students to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. There will be cookies, cheese, crackers, and the opportunity to meet fellow new students, faculty, and administrators.
If you have any questions, please contact:
International Student & Scholar Services: firstname.lastname@example.org