Getting to Champaign-Urbana
- The University of Illinois Willard Airport (Airport Code: CMI) serves the Champaign-Urbana area.
- Other Airport Options (the following airports are at least two hours away from Urbana-Champaign and will require you to make additional arrangements to get to campus).
- AMTRAK has service between downtown Chicago and Champaign.
- The UIUC O'Hare to Urbana-Champaign Shuttle Service is currently unavailable and will be next be offered to new incoming international students arriving in Fall 2024.
- Peoria Charter (private bus company) serves many different locations including both Chicago airports (O'Hare and Midway), Union Station in Chicago, and several Chicago suburbs. Pick up is available from Terminal 2 and Terminal 5 at the O'Hare International Airport with multiple drop-off points on-campus.
- Greyhound (private bus company) has daily service between Chicago and Champaign. Pick up is available from downtown Chicago with drop-off at the Illinois Terminal in downtown Champaign.
The average cost of a taxi is $15-20 to campus from Willard Airport or the Illinois Terminal. For assistance, please ask an employee at the airport or the terminal. Be sure to agree on the cost of your cab fare before leaving for your destination.
After you arrive on campus, there are local transit options. For more information, visit the Public Transportation page.
Click here to access a helpful guide to using the above-mentioned modes of transportation to get to campus from Chicago O'Hare International Airport.